Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamisonia
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 643
Message 1 of 3

R51 New HDD won't restore to factory state correctly with discs

I grabbed an 80gb hard drive out of my gf's old computer, and I figured I'd use it to replace the 40gb hdd in my R51 ThinkPad.  There's no real important info on my old hdd, so I just created some factory recovery discs, put in the new hdd (both are PATA) and ran Rescue and Recovery.  After it was finished restoring to the factory state all the new hdd will do is load Rescue and Recovery again.  It won't load Windows.  Is there something else I have to do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 624
Message 2 of 3

Re: R51 New HDD won't restore to factory state correctly with discs

Shooting from the hip here, but ISTR that some versions of R&R restore the "restore" image to HD, then you reboot  to R&R and run a restore there to finish the restore of the rest of the drive.

Like I said, just something I saw elsewhere.  Worth a shot, maybe,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Jamisonia
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 611
Message 3 of 3

Re: R51 New HDD won't restore to factory state correctly with discs

thanks that worked!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors