Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrperfestein
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 1 of 6

R51 need external HD

Hi, guys I own a R51 thinkpad, actually is 40GB HD, I’m a musician and I use it for make my own musical arrangements with my keyboard, Sonar 4 software, etc... I would like save my projects in an external HD for safety because any computer crash. (many hours of work) It has to be an specific kind of external HD or can I used an internal HD with enclouser?

I’ll be thankful of any advise, since I’m a novice on this.

Daniel  

mrperfestein
Paper Tape
Views: 1,036
Message 2 of 6

Re: R51 need external HD

Possible options ????

Somebody is selling a  Laptop Hard drives 40 gig 5400rpm IDE - $30 next to my town is brand new in the factory bag.. Somebody else is selling a 500 gig western digital hard drive new! - $50 What do you think guys????? I’m looking to spend just a few bucks cause I’m buying more musical equipment that I need for my recordings. Thanks to all !!!
stepbill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,034
Message 3 of 6

You can use any harddrive, just so long as you can connect with a USB cord.  I have several 3.5 harddrives that I put into external cases plus I have a box from Thermaltake called BlacX that will accept SATA drives, either the 2.5 or 3.5 sizes and you don't need to have the external case.  Go to www.newegg.com and compare their prices for harddrives.
mrperfestein
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 4 of 6

stepbill, thanks a lot for your advise I know now!! Let me ask another silly question, does exist the possibility to install another internal HD in my R51 in addition to my actual 40MB HD? What I need to do??

Thanks......

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 994
Message 5 of 6

you can install a second harddrive by getting an Ultrabay Enhanced SATA HDD caddy or Ultrabay Enhanced PATA HDD caddy and install it in the slot for your current dvd drive. 
mrperfestein
Paper Tape
Views: 983
Message 6 of 6

Hey…. I’m amazed !!! too much good stuff, let me check it out…

Thanks a loot!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors