11-01-2011 03:28 PM
I'd like to ask for tips and help with my problem.
I've bought a used R60 (9462-A45) which suddenly couldn't be started.
When I switch on power:
1. I hear (at least) one fan roar up that continues working on a normal/agreable sound level,
2. the CD-DVD drive can be opened up,
3. the casing below the CPU heats up,
4. the LEDs for (a) AC power status, (b) battery status AND (c) power on are lit appropriately
5. the display remains blank, no BIOS/POST messages whatsoever,
6. no sounds or beeps, and
7. the "drive in use" LED remains dead.
I've tried all the tips here involving switching on/off, with or without battery... I'm guessing whether opening up the laptop and manually resetting the BIOS (if possible at all) might remedy the situation.
Any thoughts here?
11-01-2011 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Try this old trick: unplug the AC adapter, remove hard and media drives. Press the "power" button ten times in a row holding it down for ten seconds each time, and thirty seconds the last time around.
Plug the adapter - but nothing else - back in and try to power on.
11-02-2011 12:24 AM
If it does not help, please follow Elvis Presley: "Return to sender..."
11-02-2011 03:46 AM
@ ajkula66, Mornsgrans
Thank you for taking your time!
I tried switching on the computer with all drives and battery removed, however to no avail.
The laptop will be sold on Ebay at 13.00 (GMT+1), currently the price is around € 50,00.
11-02-2011 04:34 AM
Check the USB-ports whether they are well or have a short.