Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberoom
What's DOS?
Views: 1,259
Message 1 of 3

R60 Hard Drive Installation

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this - basically old hard drive died, unrecoverable - I have new sata drive and installing XP on it and when it comes to setup it cannot find the hard drive !

The drive is identified in the bios...its a 120 GB Fujitsu Siemens...thought it may be a storage controller missing, but cant locate on for the Thinkpad R60...thought then OK..maybe the drive, tried a new WD 250 GB drive...same result..Tried a few things with Ultimate boot cd//what gives ? Never had this problem before , when I did it was just a storage controller..you know the "press f6" on install of xp job..im really pulling my hair out...is there a genius in the house..please...thankyou to any who help in advance, much appreciated.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,258
Message 2 of 3

Re: R60 Hard Drive Installation

Hello cyberoom, welcome to Lenovo forums!

Please check out this famous ThinkPad Guide, a guide for a XP clean install and much more!

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

cyberoom
What's DOS?
Views: 1,249
Message 3 of 3

Re: R60 Hard Drive Installation

You my man are a life saver....I will say no more..many thanks or taking the time to replay and for absolutely fixing the problem 100%.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors