cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R60member
Paper Tape
Views: 1,833
Message 1 of 6

R60 bios update was blocked then i cancelled.but i did not reboot yet.

Hi!!

the problem with my R60 is that i used the system update which showed a recommended Bios update version 2.21. so i checked the case for this update + access connexions update,then i started the update everything seemed normal but when the process reached 72% it stopped and was blocked.i waited for about 7 hours but it was still the same so i decided to cancel . since that i haven't rebooted my laptop because i read that the bios update must not be stopped or interrupted .it's on for 26 HOURS NOW.what do i have to do???Smiley Sad shall i restart the system update and start the whole process again from the begining????????can anybody help???????Man Sad   PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP.

N.B: now when i start the system update, i still get the recommended bios update.

if this problem is solved i won't keep this laptop and won't buy an ibm anymore.

Topgungsm
Punch Card
Views: 1,823
Message 2 of 6

Re: R60 bios update was blocked then i cancelled.but i did not reboot yet.

Cut your losses now and don't even think of ever buying another IBM product. They have the worst service and the most unhelpful customer service. I just bought a R61 and I have had one problem after another and nobody seems to want to help. They just pass the buck on to some other department. I am giving mine away and buying a Sony or HP. Good luck.
gbodley
Paper Tape
Views: 1,814
Message 3 of 6

I was thinking of buying an R61 with Novell Linux, but now I have reservations.  Reading this forum leads me to believe there are a lot of problems with Lenovos.
MattB
Punch Card
Views: 1,809
Message 4 of 6

I work as part of a team that maintains a fleet of Lenovo T42s, T60s, and Z61ts. They generally are very reliable machines and don't have any more problems than other business-grade notebooks (HP p/w series, Dell Latitude, etc.). Reading forums like this will give you a skewed impression because people tend to post when they have issues. Nobody creates a thread entitled "My notebook works fine". If there's an issue and the machine is under warranty, have it repaired.
SteveS
What's DOS?
Views: 883
Message 5 of 6

I don't understand how that was considered a "Solution".  That answer is in no way, shape, or form a "Solution" of any kind. I have a Thinkpad R60. Lenovo or IBM or whatever they want to call themselves these days posted a BIOS update, which I downloaded and tried to apply, using the instructions THEY provided.  The update froze, force closed and rebooted my system into a blank screen of nothing.  When called for advice I was told by Lenovo " If you don't have a warranty we can't do anything for you."  EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR MODEL-SPECIFIC SOFTWARE THAT CAUSED THIS.

So I ask you MattB.......what good is your "Solution" now?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 867
Message 6 of 6

@SteveS wrote:

I don't understand how that was considered a "Solution".  That answer is in no way, shape, or form a "Solution" of any kind. I have a Thinkpad R60. Lenovo or IBM or whatever they want to call themselves these days posted a BIOS update, which I downloaded and tried to apply, using the instructions THEY provided.  The update froze, force closed and rebooted my system into a blank screen of nothing.  When called for advice I was told by Lenovo " If you don't have a warranty we can't do anything for you."  EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR MODEL-SPECIFIC SOFTWARE THAT CAUSED THIS.

So I ask you MattB.......what good is your "Solution" now?

MattB couldn't choose the solution, it was done by either the OP, Mod or Lenovo administrator. So don't be too harsh on MattB, since he had no control over this what so ever. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors