Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drdentz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,620
Message 1 of 6

R61: Can't connect with D-Link DI-524 Router

Hello everybody,

my problem is that I cannot connect with a D-Link DI-524 Router via WiFi. RJ45 is not a problem at all, but if I want to connect via WiFi I won't get an IP adress by the router.
I use WPA-PSK Preshared Key as encryption, I made sure that all the settings are ok, but somehow I just can't connect.
It's not a problem with other notebooks (no Lenovos), so I have absolutely no clue what the problem might be.

Are there any known issues with the Wifi Chip of the R61 and this router?

I hope someone knows a solution.
I already googled and found some hints like disabling the n-mode of the WiFi-Card, which unfortunately didn't work.

Thank you very much in advance!
dentz
mfa81
Paper Tape
Views: 2,443
Message 2 of 6

Re: R61: Can't connect with D-Link DI-524 Router

Did you find any solution ? I'm having a similar problem with T61 laptop. I can't connect to mmy di-524 router. I can do that using an HP 6910p and an old Acer Aspire 5672, but can't connect using the T61. My configs are all correct, sometimes it takes half an hour to get connected, then I go to work, and when I'm back at home I can't connect again.
drdentz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,419
Message 3 of 6

Hello, no unfortunately not. I hoped that updates would solve the problem, but although I made a complete system update using the Windows Update Tool at first and then the Lenovo System Update 3, I still have the problem.
mfa81
Paper Tape
Views: 2,416
Message 4 of 6

I didn't have time to test all the stuff I found about this, but here is some things to try.

-remove Lenovo ReadyComm software in your laptop

-do not disable SSID broadcast, disable gamming mode and disable UPnP mode  in the router

-install last version of Intel drivers for your card and do not use Intel software to connect, use windows instead

if it doesn't help try to disable the "n" mode  in the wifi card driver proprieties

I will give that a try this weekend, and if it doesn't solve the problem I'm gonna look for an alternative firmware for my di-524. I have another linksys with openwrt installed, and I can say it is a blessing and works perfectly !

drdentz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,414
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your quck reply, but unfortunately I have already tried out all that stuff.

I don't have ReadyComm installed, SSID boardcasting is enabled and disabling the n node din't help Smiley Sad

But give it a try and report us if it helped you! Good luck Smiley Happy

mfa81
Paper Tape
Views: 2,340
Message 6 of 6

I tried all this, I don't have readycomm, disable n mode, enable broadcasting, now I can connect and always get an IP address, but it is terrible to access any website, my connection is not very strong, even close to the router, where other devices report a full signal my T61 reports good, low and I can't browse any website ! Damage... I'm moving to a linksys ! :-(

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors