cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbruder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,442
Message 1 of 4

R61 Machine Type 7733-BN6 Display Driver Crashes While Playing World of Warcraft (WoW)

My new R61 has a display driver issue when playing WoW.   The display driver will consistently crash and then restore itself, only while playing the game.  My system is completely up to date, with all patches from Lenovo, and it is still happening.  What is going on with this?  I have other friends with the same R61, and they have the same issue.
Mike Bruder
jeremy
What's DOS?
Views: 2,400
Message 2 of 4

Re: R61 Machine Type 7733-BN6 Display Driver Crashes While Playing World of Warcraft (WoW)

I too am having the same display driver crashes while playing wow, and I also have the latest drivers from this site.  Any one know how to fix this?
mjbruder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,144
Message 3 of 4

Re: R61 Machine Type 7733-BN6 Display Driver Crashes While Playing World of Warcraft (WoW)

It looks like Intel released a newer driver back in May 2008.  The new version (7.14.10.1472) is higher than Lenovo's driver (7.14.10.1437) for the R61.  I don't know if this is going to fix the problem, but I wish Lenovo would keep up with the chipset manufacturer driver releases!  Maybe Lenovo and Blizzard need to talk about how to fix this issue.  It has been a known issue for quite some time now in the Blizzard forums and no one has fixed it!

I do know that this problem can be fixed by rolling back the driver to an older version.  This isn't the best solution in the world though because it causes other display issues (i.e. your computer won't come out of sleep).  So, when are you going to fix this Lenovo?

Message Edited by mjbruder on 08-20-2008 02:34 PM
Mike Bruder
jeremy
What's DOS?
Views: 2,094
Message 4 of 4

Intel says it's fixed this problem w/its newest drivers, but lenovo doesn't seem to have updated their drivers, and I'm unable to install the new intel ones...  This happens across lots of games, not just WOW.  Anyone know when Lenovo will get around to updating their drivers?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors