Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobynWesc
Paper Tape
Views: 2,484
Message 1 of 3

R61 One long beep, two short beeps then nothing

I am having problems with my computer not turning on, one long beep then two short beeps, then a black screen. Just happened last night, the machine went into sleep mode, wouldn't come out, I rebooted and that is the error beeps I received.

It has been a great little machine till now. I am in contact with customer support/service in Taiwan, where I bought the machine, but I am wondering if anyone else had problems with this on their R61?  I know the T61 had a lot of problems, and I'm wodnering if it's related?

Also, I cannot find my original receipt (company paid for the machine, I'm trying to get them to track back through their accounting receipts...)  but I know I paid for 3 years (2 additonal years warranty) but I have only one year listed online. Worst case scenario, if if thea ccounting team cannot locate the receipt, is it possible to pay for additional warranty, and then have the computer fixed. I do not work at the company any longer, though I still have my machine (nice of them) and I think it will be very expensive to fix if it is a mother board problem.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,462
Message 2 of 3

Re: R61 One long beep, two short beeps then nothing

what is the GPU used on your machine?

Yes you can purchase post warranty warranty on the machine. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
RobynWesc
Paper Tape
Views: 2,433
Message 3 of 3

Re: R61 One long beep, two short beeps then nothing

It doesn't say in the manuals, and I can't turn it on to check. I never paid much attention to that when I was using it.  I think I will have to take it in to get it ck'd out. Hopefully it is something simple to fix/repair. I'll definitely look into extending the warranty, as the company I worked for has not been able to locate the receipts for the machine...

Top Kudoed Authors