Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chancecampbell
What's DOS?
Views: 938
Message 1 of 2

R61 Vista error msg

I have recently (August 2008) purchased  a Lenovo IBM ThinkPad R61e, preloaded with Microsoft Windows Vista Business. I have transferred only a few of my programs from my IBM R51 with Windows XP, such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Canon printer software. However, I have an error message from Microsoft Windows stating the following:

”br_funcs stopped working and was closed

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.
Windows will notify you if a solution is available.”

This window is shown at startup after completely shutting down windows. I have attempted to get support directly from Microsoft.com, but I was directed to contact the manufacturer. Can you help?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 920
Message 2 of 2

Re: R61 Vista error msg

Hello,

this program is a part from Rescue and Recovery.

As in this thread is statet, try reinstall R&R. But use the same version!!

Otherwise, when you´ll upgrade read the readme´s carefully and uninstall the old and then install the new version.

Another method to get rid of this message and you don´t use R&R at all, you could disable R&R from startup.

kind regards

Andreas

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 09-11-2008 11:27 AM

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors