Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6 (1,530 Views)

R61i 7650 Trackpoint

With the latest (4.64) Trackpoint driver installed the trackpoint is still unreliable after switch on/reboot. The driver was specifically supposed to fix this issue so are others still seeing the same problem? Note when the trackpoint works it is fine i.e. only upon start is there an issue, it is reliable once working.
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 6 (1,514 Views)

Re: R61i 7650 Trackpoint

hum i do
Punch Card
Message 3 of 6 (1,400 Views)

i bought a R61i, type 7650 last week. After testing this notebook, i saw the same problem.
Punch Card
Message 4 of 6 (1,330 Views)

After testing Thinkpad R61i for 2 weeks, the tracking point error confirmed.

Message to Lenovo: Thinkpad R61i ist not functioning without external pointing device.

Hardware:

ok

Operating System:

I tried XP SP2 and now Vista SP1. The malfunction is the same.

Driver:

After de-installing Lenovo trackpoint device driver (4.64), the operating system is recognizing a new hardware device and automatically installs an appropriate driver (PS-2 compatible mouse driver). After this, the malfunction is the same.

BIOS:

The flag trackpoint device is "enabled"

Bios version (2.20)

Deinstalling the trackpoint device driver and rebooting the system results in a functioning device for a moment. After power save and starting again the trackpoint device is not functioning again.

I bought the notebook 2 weeks ago. Mailing this serious problem to IBM/Lenovo, I got the reply that the software guarantee is expired.

Resume:

If i get no support from the manufacturer, I will give back my notebook to my German vendor.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 6 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Software guarantee had expired after 2 weeks? I don't know about Germany but here we have a 'fit for purpose' scheme. I'm pretty sure that pointing device non-functional would come under that category if I were to get annoyed about the issue. I'm guessing it is a driver issue still, when my daughter brings the machine back I'll look at the issue again.
Message Edited by stuartjl on 11-02-2008 11:44 AM
Punch Card
Message 6 of 6 (1,313 Views)

Hardware guarantee is 12 months. Email from IBM/Lenovo stated that Software guarantee is 30 days (starting from delivering day to German vendor or date of purchase, I do not know ?). I have to pay for software support.