Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mui
Not applicable
Views: 1,734
Message 1 of 3

Re: L440/L540 second ram slot

So I got 2x8gb of RAM, my L440 came with 4. I took out the 4gb slot and put the first 8gb stick on there. My problem is that I can't put on the second RAM stick. The RAM pins dont slide in like the first one. I try to lightly push it in but It doesnt slide in the slot. Am I doing something wrong? Where exactly are the pins supposed to go?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,694
Message 2 of 3

Hello Mui, welcome to the community,

there are two slots, one on top of the other, on the L440.  When inserting RAM you need to ensure that you initially position and insert the module at an angle of about 20° to the slot and then push it down into place.  See p74 (pdf p80) of the Harware Maintenance Manual.

If needs require I'm sure you will loads of video tutorials on YouTube.  And please don't forget to let us know how you got on.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

richk
Not applicable
Views: 1,157
Message 3 of 3
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors