cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamGuy459
Serial Port
Views: 2,668
Message 1 of 4

Replacing the wireless network card? (Lenovo ThinkPad SL-300 "NS64YMN")

Hi,

I ordered myself a Gigabyte Atheros 5802 Wireless Draft-N network card from OxfordTech, along with a third antenna to install into my Lenovo ThinkPad SL-300 "NS64YMN".. Unfortunately I didn't check whether it would be some issues regarding replacing the wifi card inside ThinkPad SL-300 before I placed my order..

Now I'm sitting here with my new antenna and card, but I don't really understand how to replace the Intel 5100 card?

For me it makes no sense whatsoever to not offer a somewhat easy replacement of the wireless card? But for some awkward reason this simple task seems almost impossible on the ThinkPad SL-300? We've got easy access to the WWAN, TurboMemory, it's also a somewhat easy access to the CPU, but no the wireless card nor it's antennas?

That's somewhat a huge disappointment for me.. Is there anyway to replace the wireless card without ripping the entire machine into hundred pieces?

Retired Guru
Views: 2,660
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacing the wireless network card? (Lenovo ThinkPad SL-300 "NS64YMN")

The HMM for our SL300 is available from Lenovo Support page. I gives you the proper procedure for replacing the wireless card. Unfortunately the link isn't working properly. It states "File not found".

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
ThE_ReBe1
Token Ring
Views: 2,643
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Try this link http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/

on left side select notebook and then model 

videos and manuals on how to replace parts

I hope it helps

*** Lenovo SL 300 P8600 3GB memory and 160 GB HD***
***WIndows XP pro SP3***
Retired Guru
Views: 2,631
Message 4 of 4

Thanks ThE_ReBe1, I forgot about that particular support site.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors