Toronto

48 Signins

263 Page Views

• Views: 263
  • Message 1 of 4

SL300 technical information needed please help

2010-07-28, 0:10 AM

Hello all,

I've recently got my SL300 LCD defectively. It is just out of warranty (this is shame because lenovo thinkpad is known as for the best quality compared with other computer sellers). Could you please tell me the technical information about the LCD pannel so that I can buy it to replace my defective one? Thank you!

p/s: my friend got his HP laptop fixxed for free even though his laptop is out of warranty for more than 2 years. And you know that laptop is useless if laptop LCD is defective. So sad I've bought this SL300 a year and several months ago. And I think there was some technical issues that made SL300 laptop discontinued after a month I've bought it. Please change the quality of your product Lenovo.

My laptop info:

Type: 2738-CTO

S/N: L3-xxxxx

Would this fit my laptop:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/A-NEW-IBM-THINKPAD-SL300-13-3-WXGA-GLARE-LCD-SCREEN-/380195026271?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588563b55f

Sincerely

Tom

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

Options

1 Posts

08-07-2010

Costa Rica

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: SL300 technical information needed please help

2010-08-07, 2:50 AM

Hi Tom

I have discovered a similar problem in my Lenovo SL300 very recently. A red dotted vertical line appeared towards the right side of the screen. This is very unfortunate since I also had the idea this laptop would be way better than this. Now I am struggling to do some troubleshooting myself and to see which are the minimum parts I need to replace so that price doesn't go that high.

I have less than two years with this laptop and i'm a very careful user. Aside from factory problems there is no other reason why my LCD would fail in such a short period of time. This is unfortunate.

Anyways, should you hear suggestions from anyone please let me know and I'll promise I'll do the same.

Allan

Options

27 Posts

12-24-2008

Toronto

48 Signins

263 Page Views

• Views: 263
  • Message 3 of 4

2010-08-14, 16:57 PM

Heya,

This would dissapoint us for the most trusted quality company in the world. I'm also a carefull user, but this happened to me as well. What kind of quality made from IBM is this. And I think this is the reason that when SL300 was introduced for about 2 months and IBM discontinued this model. Beside the lag of the touchpad, LCD suck a big time for us (users). I would prefer you to choose other brands (HP is very good in service). Anyways, finnaly I've got  my laptop's LCD replaced by myself with my own wallet. Let me know if you need help on this.

You can contact me at: 

t

o

m

n

a

i

v

e

@

g

m

a

i

l

com

Below are 2 pictures you can prefer:

http://i34.tinypic.com/so3ho4.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2j13a6c.jpg

Truly

Tom

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

Options

1 Posts

07-30-2011

denamrk

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 4 of 4

2011-07-30, 0:32 AM

hey

i got the same porblem as seen on your pics...And just wondering whether it is misfuntcioning or not cuz i know that last time i left the computer my dad was playing with it ==??

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms