Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

SL400 White Screen & Some Rails

Hi, i got this issue months ago with a Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 when i was changed one of the hinges (The left one) & with my rookie experience i was connected the little short flex that comes from the LCD to the inverter the other way around (upside down).

When i was turned on the laptop a little smell like burned circuit came out. The Flex of the LCD (The big-long one not the little that goes to the inverter) was burned 2 pins.

I was bought now a brand new flex but the problem persist. Opinions? Should i replace the inverter? I wish to be secure before buy i knew one.

I forgot to mention: The laptop boot well and the external video exit works fine, i'm using the notebook like this with a external monitor since i got this problem. Any help will be welcome.

Thxs

Bit Torrent
0 Kudos

Re: SL400 White Screen & Some Rails

Hello mate,

Could be the inverter or could the LCD who's burn. Whith your rookie experience my advice is finding a technician able to test all that and have a diagnostic about what part is dead.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw