Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-31-2009

Colorado

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

SL400 loud noises coming from left back side (crackling?)

2009-07-31, 17:06 PM

Last weekend my laptop started making clicking, crackling, loud noises from the left side area.  I called and was told that I could bring it to a local place.  Called on Monday and discovered that no, they don't do personal repairs.  Called Lenovo back and ended up sending it in.  Both guys I talked to said they thought it was the fan.  Got it back today, turned it on, and discovered that it's still making the same sounds.  I've had fan problems before that resolved after blowing out every possible vent, etc with compressed air.  Instead of fixing the fan, they replaced the ODD (CD Rom) - not even anywhere near where the noise is coming from. 

Did they not even turn it on?  It started making noises within seconds of my turning it on.  These are not normal noises - can't even hear the TV.  My last Thinkpad died because of the fan. 

I'm so mad, I lost a day last week because they told me this place could fix it, and now I have to lose another week to send it back again. 

Anybody have any idea what this could be?  I want to have a better description to include when I send it in this time.  I have a really hard time describing the noise.  I just want it to be fixed!

Options

74 Posts

03-15-2009

Valencia CA

69 Signins

661 Page Views

• Views: 661
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: SL400 loud noises coming from left back side (crackling?)

2009-08-01, 2:46 AM

Hello

Download Speedfan... with it you can control a speed of your fan see if this would help and play around with it just be careful

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

*** Lenovo SL 300 P8600 3GB memory and 160 GB HD***
***WIndows XP pro SP3***
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms