Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miked1960
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,478
Message 1 of 4

SL410 Hard Drive Tray/Caddy/Cover

I'm looking for the part number for the metal tray/caddy/cover you attatch to the hard drive.  I've called Tech Support they can't find the number nor is it listed in the manuals like the older manuals listed...  I don't see it listed when I pull up my parts list for my machine with serial number it appears they have 2 different numbers for the same hard drive when you google them they come up as hard drives no trays/caddy/cover.

Anastasios
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,444
Message 2 of 4

Re: SL410 Hard Drive Tray/Caddy/Cover

Welcome to the Forum!

There does not seem to be a separate part # for the hard drive caddy. They seem to just place it together with the hard drive on system service parts list: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73332#16

This makes it a little hard to find if you have broken or damaged it while removing your old hard drive.

SL410 Hard drive removal instructions: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=PD003259

And here is your hardware maintenance manual: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73322

SL410, SL510, L410 and L510 use a special kind of hard drive caddy, which is different from that used in T60, R60, x60, T61, R61, x61, T400, T500, R400, R500, W500, etc. The 4 screws have a very thin head. If it's your first time removing/ replacing the hard drive heed the warning in the HMM:

When installing:
Do not apply excessive force to the HDD bracket  a . To do so, you might bend or break it.

SL410, SL510, L410, L510 HDD caddy thin head screws- small.jpg

So I would just search for "SL410 hard drive caddy" or "SL510 hard drive caddy" and make sure the picture matches that above. Hope this helps.

Views: 1,410
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Michael.  I have done the searches found "used caddies" just ridicules what they want for them $20-35 each one place that sells used parts $45...  The one  company in LA that had made the others you mentioned they are very high but don't make the SL version.  Amazon had the 60's cheap 5-12 each with the rubber rails.  Someone needs to start making get the prices dropped.... Thanks for looking into it.  Sounds like some of the Think Edge may use same caddy. 

Mike

Highlighted
Anastasios
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,401
Message 4 of 4

Very welcome. Glad to help.

I have sent you some more info. via PM. Check your new messages at the top of this page Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors