Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

SL500, Windows 7: Problems with external Firewire audio interface and Digitus USB KVM switch

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a Presonus Firestudio Project audio interface which connects via Firewire to my Lenovo SL500. On the Sl500 is Windows 7 x86 installed. I also have 2 control surfaces (Akai APC20 and M-Audio UC33e), 1 Midi Interface and a kvm-switch connected via USB.

Almost each time I make music with Ableton Live or Cubase I get gaps in my audio stream. The audio playback just stops for 1 to 10 seconds and the surface of my DAW freezes. This gets especially awkward when I am recording.

Recently I deactivated all devices in BIOS except Firewire and USB but I am still running into the same problem. Then I had a look at the Windows 7 system information and saw - section Problems/Sharing - that USB and Firewire share the same IRQ. I am almost certain that this is the problem causing the audio gaps.

Is there a way to chanmge the IRQ settings in Lenovo's Sl500 BIOS?

Best regards,

belochim

Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: SL500, Windows 7: Problems with external Firewire audio interface and USB

After plugging in and installing an USB audio interface that I borrowed from a friend I noticed that each time I switched my KVM-Switch to the other PC Ableton's surface froze for a second. The audio stream on the other hand kept going and going just as it was supposed to.

The KVM switch is a "Digitus 2-Port Pocket USB KVM switch", model No. "DS-11402-1". This KVM switch seem to make a kind of broadcast within the USB bus which then interupts the audio stream running on Firewire.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: SL500, Windows 7: Problems with external Firewire audio interface and USB

...seems I need to buy a USB audio interface now :/