Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koiu765
Not applicable
Views: 998
Message 1 of 2

SL500 restore problem

Hello,

I have SL500 for about 9 months, because I needed to restore Windows Vista I burned restore disks. Everything gone fine,Lenovo burning application burned all three disk without errors and did the verifications for them.

When I booted up with first disk, Lenovo restorer asked me for some additional disks, I have no such disk - so I pressed I have no disk and the restore process continued without errors to second and third disk.

But after reboot there is only message "BOOTMGR is missing" - press ctrl+alt+del.

Is there some chance how to restore Windows Vista from these three disks or does Lenovo offer Windows Vista restore CD for SL500?

Thanks for any advice.

Message Edited by koiu765 on 07-18-2009 06:50 AM
m_eagle2000
Not applicable
Views: 797
Message 2 of 2

Re: SL500 restore problem

Dear friend

I am shocked of this bad LENOVO technology

I suffer to make new partitions

I want to setup ubuntu beside windows in another partition , I also suffer

Then the same problem occurred when I tried to recover my system. DVDs didn't work. The Q: partitions is seen by DOS but neither the F11 nor blue key  works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this bad technology. We are not children . I NEED THE WINDOWS VISTA SOURCE CD ALONE, I PURCHASED IT AND I NEED A SEPARATE WINDOWS VISTA CD AND A BACKUP CD TO ADD THE LENOVO DRIVERS OR A BACKUP DVD WITH NO DAM RESTRICTIONS. 

I AM REALLY ANNOYED OF THIS ATTITUDE IN DISTRIBUTING THE LAPTOP WITHOUT A READY MADE DVD. I SUFFER TO CALL SERVICE CENTER OF LENOVO IN EGYPT AS THIS IS A HOLIDAY!!!! I LOST THREE DAYS IN THIS HASSLE AND I LOST MY WORK

THIS IS A VERY BAD ATTITUDE.

I NEED MY COPY OF WINDOWS VISTA AND MY RECOVERY DVD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors