Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rslavens
What's DOS?
Views: 418
Message 1 of 1

SL510 battery not charging; battery light flickers

I have an older SL510 laptop, which has been working very well. But recently the battery power was continuing to diminish until recently, it stopped holding a charge altogether. At this stage, the orange battery indicator started to blink continuously at a rapid rate. I am still able to power up the laptop with my power cord connected. Purchased a new battery to replace the old and assumed light would go to green after charging. Unfortunately, after several hours connected to the charger, the battery light continues its constant orange blinking. Went through the process of uninstalling the ACPI file as noted in another post. Followed these steps:
1. Disconnect AC
2. Shut down
3. Remove battery
4. Connect AC
5. Startup
6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of Microsoft's ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, and select Uninstall (note that it is all right if you only have one).
7. Shutdown
8. Disconnect AC
9. Insert battery
10. Connect AC
11. Restart your computer
After completed this process, battery light continues to blink rapidly and battery doesn't seem to want to charge, or provide any indication that battery is inserted in computer. This happens whether I'm using either of the 2-power adapters I have for this laptop.

What can I do to get this fixed???

Thank you in advance for any assistence provided!!!

Top Kudoed Authors