Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berban
Fanfold Paper
Views: 913
Message 1 of 2

SOLVED - Scheduled Tasks Fail to wake my R400

Dear community,

I have a lenovo R400 which I love dearly and which I can hardly find any faults with. However, in the interest of energy efficiency I wanted to set it to wake up on a timer and do some tasks, and the system seems incapable of doing this.

I set a timer under Windows Task Scheduler for a time that the computer will be in standby mode, then I authorize it to wake the computer up from standby and also set the power scheme to "allow wake from standby" in the windows power scheme. Clearly I've got most of it correct because the machine does something at the specified time: the hard drive revs for a second, the standby light flashes as if it were coming out of standby, but then it falters and goes back to sleep, all in the course of about a second. I.e. - this is far too short for anything to be actively putting the computer back into standby once it's awake - it just isn't waking up all the way, and just hits "snooze."

Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

Ben

berban
Fanfold Paper
Views: 907
Message 2 of 2

Re: Scheduled Tasks Fail to wake my R400

WOW.

The next thing I try does the trick! (been trying for some hours...)

Just needed to go into the Lenovo battery manager (Power Manager) and change THAT SETTING as well, to allow for wake-up on timers. It's under "advanced settings".

I'll leave this up in case it's helpful to someone else.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors