cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgboy
Paper Tape
Views: 251
Message 1 of 2

Strangest trackpad issue I've seen to date. . .

I'm having a very odd issue that I am able to duplicate over and over. When I boot the computer (Win10 on an L560) depending on which trackpad clicks I use, I get a different malfunction once I get past the login screen.

If I use the trackpad to move the cursor around and use only the soft click to login the mouse fails to function once logged in, that is to say the cursor won't come up/move and the soft and hard clicks don't work and the pointing stick all do not work.

However if I use the trackpad hard click in the login screen the cursor and the soft click functions work once logged in to windows but the hard click function and actual click-button do not work. Funnily enough if I use the hard click (that functions in the login screen) THEN click the cursor button  (right above the trackpad) the hard click ceases to function but the soft click continues to work. 

If I don't utilize the trackpads or buttons at all in the login screen and only the keyboard to login then the trackpad does not function at all once logged into windows. 

There may be one other 'gotcha' I can't recall but all the issues are repeatable and don't make a lick of sense. I have replaced the hard drive, the track pad, the track pad ribbon, the whole upper case, and have replaced the motherboard (recieved all under warranty from Lenovo, sans hard drive) I have updated all drivers (windows, all hardware, and indeed the trackpad drivers) and checked every available setting in windows mutiple times. I have had other tech's here at the office also look at it and we can't seem to figure out what the problem could possibly be other than some freak driver issues but the other L560's we have in for repair would be having the same issue if it were because they are all using the same windows image and updated trackpad drivers. 

mgboy
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 2 of 2

Re: Strangest trackpad issue I've seen to date. . .

I see everyone is a stumped as we are.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors