04-16-2019

NZ

8 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad L380 Yoga hariline crack on palm rest

2019-04-16, 2:46 AM

I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga in August 2018. It has been used very carefully without any drops or other accidents. Today, I discovered a hairline crack on the palm rest just next to the bottom-left corner of the touchpad. 

I contacted Lenovo support regarding this matter, and after seeing the photos that  I sent them (the same photos are attached here), they have concluded that it is a customer induced damage (CID) and will not be covered under warranty. The only justification for their conclusion was that there is no such issue reported in other laptops. This justification was made over the phone when I requested them an email regarding their justification.

It is only the hand that is kept around this region of the palm rest. If it cannot bear the weight of the hand, I suppose the build quality and material is pretty cheap although the price was about 1800 NZD. 

Have you also come across similar issues with the same L380 Yoga? What are the situations/scenarios for such a crack to happen when the device has been properly used and maintained in accordance with the product information guide?

Cheers!!

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad L380 Yoga hariline crack on palm rest

2020-02-04, 14:58 PM

Hi there,

Are you still experiencing the same problem? Sorry for the late response.

According to Lenovo Limited Warranty Agreement, any physical damage or customer induced damage(CID) will not be covered by the warranty. Should you experience any system failure because of the internal parts of the machine you may reach our phone support team or bring the machine to our authorized service providers for parts replacement.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

10 Posts

04-16-2019

NZ

8 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad L380 Yoga hariline crack on palm rest

2020-02-04, 17:33 PM

Hi Van_Lenovo,

Thanks for your response. Lenovo agreed to replace the palmrest on warranty. This was mainly because they did not give me a proper reason as to how it might have happened given the location of the crack. I needed this information  should I place a complaint with the disputes tribunal. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete