cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otreuberg
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad L390 Yoga (20NT0013MZ) & Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 135W (40AN0135CH)

I connect  a Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 to my L390 Yoga with firmware 1.18 and the latest dock-drivers 10011. Then I try to make a firmware update of the dockingstation with firmware-version 3.1.61. After unpacking I start the "ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen2_Workstation Dock firmware update.exe" with admin-rights. Then I get a the following warning: "Can't read Thunderbol controller version, Will skip Thunderbolt firmware update!". After clicking "OK" the updater continue until the next message appear: "Your dock has new firmware can be upgraded, please click [Update] to start firmware upgrade."  and the Current Version shows: = <unknown>.

If I click the update-button the programm continue until the message: "Firmware update completed!" appear. A click on the OK-button close the update-program.

If a start the firmware-update program again the same error happens. The update-program can't retrieve the current version of the docking station. So is the update-program buggy?

The installed OS is Windows 10-1903 with latest patches and the docking with the 2nd usb-c connector from above on th left side. I bought the Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 because the Lenovo tool "docking-search" told me, that there are 3 dockings compatible with ThinkPad L390 Yoga.

So what to do?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors