Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kclapp
What's DOS?
Views: 784
Message 11 of 15

Re: Thinkpad L380 Pen Pro doesn't work

Hey everyone,

I found a solution. Worked for me atleast.

What I needed to do was uninstall wacom utility. Furthermore I opened up the task manager and opened the file location for the lenovo pen battery notifier thing and then ended the task and deleted the whole file for that application after that I restarted my laptop and BAM pen works again. Hope this helps

Kclapp
What's DOS?
Views: 782
Message 12 of 15

I found a solution. Worked for me atleast. What I needed to do was uninstall wacom utility. Furthermore I opened up the task manager and opened the file location for the lenovo pen battery notifier thing and then ended the task and deleted the whole file for that application after that I restarted my laptop and BAM pen works again. Hope this helps

AWSS
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 13 of 15

Hi,

I have the same issue that the pen pro does nothing in my new Yoga L380 when I pull it out and touch the screen. Lenovo support sent a new pen to me and it doesn’t solve the issue. I uninstalled the driver and the Lenovo pen app, then reinstalled the latest Wintab driver 7.5.2.29 and it still doesn’t work.  I did the install/reinstall a few times, sometimes I saw the Lenovo pen settings app 7.5.1.37 on the app list in the control panel but there isn’t a way to open the app from there and it is not on the app list under the start menu. Sometimes, the settings app is not even installed.

Device manager says the device is working properly and the pen pro has no on/off switch, so I don’t know if it is charged or not.

I also tried to installed the driver or apps suggested in the previous posts and didn’t work as well.

Any help is appreciated.

jan62
What's DOS?
Views: 435
Message 14 of 15

can someone tell me if I can replace the battery of the pen, mine does not work either, but if I use another one, I can.

Highlighted
wjl
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 15 of 15

I got one for my wife's birthday, and made it dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS. The Pen worked fine in both - for a day or two. Now it's not even recognized by bluetooth discovery, could maybe be battery related, like charging didn't work?

It's a bit sad because our daughter (14) loved that pen...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors