Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdcan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,606
Message 1 of 14

Thinkpad L380 exclamation mark on battery sign, "slow charger, charging slowly"

Hi!

Out of nowhere an exclamation mark appeared on my battery sign when my laptop on ac adapter and it says "slow charger, charging slowly". The weird thing is that after I restart the laptop, sign goes away. But if I plugged out and in while it's open, sign comes back. I wanted to ask what should I do? 

Thanks in advance.

J_J_B
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,529
Message 2 of 14

Re: Thinkpad L380 exclamation mark on battery sign, "slow charger, charging slowly"

I have the exact same problem! This is really annoying, since the screen starts to get brighter and darker every few seconds. It does only happen in Windows 10, Ubuntu is fine. I hope this will get fixed as soon as posiible!

Highlighted
EC20
Paper Tape
Views: 1,480
Message 3 of 14

Re: Thinkpad L380 exclamation mark on battery sign, "slow charger, charging slowly"

"since the screen starts to get brighter and darker every few seconds"

Wait, I have this issue too, though my charging times seem normal to me (just posted about this)

Do you hear a whining noise when this happens?

J_J_B
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,469
Message 4 of 14

It does make a sound, but I wouldn't describe it as whining. It's more like a clicking noise, like an electrical discharge or something like that.

Edit:

Just tried it again, there's indeed a whining noise I didn't notice earlier.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,457
Message 5 of 14

Hi All!

Thanks for posting in the Community,

Do you notice any different on the charging performance when getting the error message? Are you still using the original charger? Try a power drain and check for any changes,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

J_J_B
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,454
Message 6 of 14

Sadly, the power drain didn't help. Still getting the same message and changing brightness.

Yes, I'm using the original charger that came with the laptop.

I didn't check if the charging performance is different yet since I don't want to risk my device to be damaged. The noise it makes while charging is a bit worrying.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that the issue has something to do with Windows itself or the Windows drivers, because I don't experience any of these problems using Ubuntu.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,440
Message 7 of 14

Hi J_J_B.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try to go to the Device Manager > Expand Batteries > Right Click on Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery > Uninstall > Restart the laptop. Then, check if you will get the same error message.

Keep us posted.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

J_J_B
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,426
Message 8 of 14

The clicking sound and changing brightness seem to be gone now after following your instructions. But the message "slow charger connected" still shows up.

Edit:

It's not gone. I just noticed that it only happens when using the automatic brightness setting. When I turn it to max, the clicking and changes in brightness don't occur. Also, the uninstalled device shows up again after each reboot. Don't know if that's supposed to be like that.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,409
Message 9 of 14

Hello gdcan!

Download the latest BIOS update from our website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-....

Hassen_Lenovo

gdcan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,405
Message 10 of 14

Hi, I have Thinkpad L380 but you sent me the page of Thinkpad L380 Yoga.

Also BIOS and other drivers are up to date. I use the original charger and tried the solutions you suggested on this page but still have the same problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors