Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrLee1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,575
Message 1 of 11

Thinkpad L380 yoga

I just bought this laptop and I must say it is really not what i expected..

So many faulty small issues. 

For instance, microsoft powerpoint and word does not always work when using in tablet mode, but switching it back to laptop mode and then back to tablet mode it works again.. 

I just wanted to close a ppt file but this machine couldn't even do that. 

Will never ever ever ever buy a lenovo again. absolute company with an absolute rubbish website. 

I even had to google how i could post a message or just ask a question.. 

for anyone looking at this particular model, don't buy it. 

The screen flickers, settings are not saved that are supposed to be saved. 

things like ticking the 'show pen battery' on, doesn't even work all the time.. 

Who even designed and made these laptops.. 

I thought thinkpads would be great but they are absolutely not worth your money

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

lenovo_thinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 1,554
Message 2 of 11

Re: Thinkpad L380 yoga

Yes, it's a terrible buy. There are many other problems with the model besides the flickering of the screen, the pen problem, the battery problem, the trackpoint problem, some have connection issues in certain circumstances, bleeding of white from the edges of the screen, and the list goes on. You can definitely not associate this with quality.

The keyboard is nice though. Rest is a pos.

MrLee1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,543
Message 3 of 11

The keyboard is nice indeed; but it just doesn't make it up for the fact that the rest is quite. How can Lenovo charge 1100euros for a machine that is built like an average 400euro laptop? And coming from the macbook pro retina late 2013, this thinkpad feels like rubbish. I hope enough people will read this so they won't make the same mistake as me.

Admin note: profanity / implied profanity edited. Keep it Clean!

Oscar1929
Punch Card
Views: 1,514
Message 4 of 11

I am quite frustrated about purchasing L380 as my first Thinkpad, it got so many problems, such as screen flickers cause by left usb port, coil whine, fan noise, battery charging thresholds issue, screen bleeding extremely. And there is even more for the Yoga. 

Although, Lenovo team tried hard to deel with the issue, but most of the issue could and should be debuged and fixed before any release. I'm quite dissapointed about the QA and QC of lenovo, especially on the Thinkpad products line.

Screen flickers cause by left usb port => design fault => Wait for the HW solution (may be done by product recall).
Battery charging thresholds issue => BIOS issue =>  Wait for upcoming BIOS update.

Admin note: subject edited.

MrLee1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,435
Message 5 of 11

So anyway, i was curious on checking the warranty. I just found out that the warranty date doesn't even match. I bought this exact device on august 2, 2018 and received it on august 3, 2018, which was bought from an online reseller. Seems like they just skipped 5 months of my device, saying the warranty starts on march 03. I'm even 100% sure it stated august 3 at first (too bad i don't have a screenshot of it)
So to recap, not only do they make bad machines; they also LIE and DECEIVE.
Thanks for everyone reading this.
I really hoped for a great service and products from the Thinkpad line, but don't ever bother looking at these, guys. Seriously
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,431
Message 6 of 11

@MrLee1234 wrote:
So anyway, i was curious on checking the warranty. I just found out that the warranty date doesn't even match. I bought this exact device on august 2, 2018 and received it on august 3, 2018, which was bought from an online reseller. Seems like they just skipped 5 months of my device, saying the warranty starts on march 03. I'm even 100% sure it stated august 3 at first (too bad i don't have a screenshot of it)
So to recap, not only do they make bad machines; they also LIE and DECEIVE.
Thanks for everyone reading this.
I really hoped for a great service and products from the Thinkpad line, but don't ever bother looking at these, guys. Seriously

LIE and DECEIVE? That's a bit of an extreme interpretation.  Lenovo warranties default to starting on the date of manufacture.  If they sit in retailer stock for any length of time the clock is ticking.  This is entirely normal and common, and there's a way to fix it:

How to correct an incorrect Warranty Date

Z

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

MrLee1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,426
Message 7 of 11

Excuse me. Just a very dissatisfied customer, one of MANY
MrLee1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,424
Message 8 of 11

by the way the links do not work in the link you sent me.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,420
Message 9 of 11

@MrLee1234 wrote:
by the way the links do not work in the link you sent me.

They are all working for me.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

MrLee1234
Paper Tape
Views: 1,418
Message 10 of 11

the link when selected the country did not work but it works fine now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors