Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
map97
Paper Tape
Views: 787
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad L480 Fingerprint not working

Hi!

I have recently purchased a Thinkpad L480 and the fingerprint reader only worked very breefly after setup.

Now, whenever I try to setup my fingerprint in windows hello the device seems as it would recognize a fingerprint without a finger on the reader (reader is clean). The fingerprint setup assistant shows a short flashing of the fingerprint icon as it would recognize a finger and then continues with only painting the innermost line of the fingerprint red and stops to detect any input.

As mentioned breefly after windows setup the fingerpringt scanner worked. After a relog the scanner stopped working. I tried deleting and setting up a new fingerprint, when the problem first occured.

All drivers are up to date. The latest windows version is used.

Thanks in advance!

rider89
What's DOS?
Views: 736
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad L480 Fingerprint not working

I have the same laptop and never had problem like Yours though - it performs avarage usually - You have to put Your finger perfectly - despite I tried to re-scan my fingerprint many times.
According to Your problem - I know that`s a simpliest method but sometimes we forget them - have You tried reinstalling the driver? - here is link on this forum with exact proceedure if Your not sure what to do: >>CLICK<< . Mine after reinstall works not perfect but definatelly better than it was before reinstalling.

Hope it will help You solve this annoying problem!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors