Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark1972
Paper Tape
Views: 3,272
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad L512 BIOS update

Hi folks can somebody please save my sanity! I have a thinkpad L512 and I'm trying to install a brand of SSD drive called 'Integral P-series' 128Gb capacity' I've contacted Integral and they were no help at all.

The issue is the system does not detect the SSD despite it working fine when plugged in to my desktop SATA caddy.

I've come to the conclusion that the system BIOS needs to be updated so it's able to detect the drive, but the versions that I've tried have not made any difference. I'm currently updated to v1.39 which I've acheived by downloading the bootable iso and burning it on a DVD-RW.

Is there a newer BIOS update that will work or am I wasting my time? if anyone could send a download link or a solution it would be very much appreciated.

The laptop was working fine with a normal SATA drive and there doesn't appear to be anything in the BIOS settings that would stop the SSD from being detected, it's a very basic BIOS.

mark1972
Paper Tape
Views: 3,264
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad L512 BIOS update

I've  solved it now, it just needed an active partition to be created in computer mangement-storage 'windows 10'

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors