Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMarzuk
Punch Card
Views: 2,241
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad L560 makes weird toot noise

Hello everyone

i bought my thinkpad a year ago and i had some issues when i press the mute button , after 9 months of lenovo trying to fix my laptop including changing the motherboard  three times and my keyboard it turns out that the problem was in the SSD , after changing my SSD everything worked fine but now i have a new problem : sometimes when i starts my laptop the speakers make a loud weird toot noise ( i don't know if this is the right word to describe it ) and it only stops after i remove the battery , my first thoughts were that they damaged the speakers after replacing the motherboard but everything is possible maybe the didnt connect some wires to the right adaptors or maybe the speakers are really damaged and i need to replace them .

Thank you for your help Smiley Happy

ThinkPink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,145
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad L560 makes weird toot noise

I had the same issue and I think is related to BIOS, especially the diagnotics part of the BIOS. When I received the laptop it was fine, no continuous beep at boot time, but after a few updates of BIOS the beep appeared. Just like you, I had to remove the cable and battery to stop it. The beep was random, but more often after I removed cable and at the next boot the beep appeared.

It was fixed in certain BIOS versions, but the bug appeared again, now I'm at version 1.39 and I have no issues. I'm afraid to upgrade to the latest version because I'm thinking that Lenovo reintroduced the bug again...

AMarzuk
Punch Card
Views: 2,090
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad L560 makes weird toot noise

Hi thank you for your answer

i was running version 1.35 and now i have updated the BIOS to 1.40 if the noise doesn't appear again in the next few weeks i will mark your comment as a solution .

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors