Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supadupa
Paper Tape
Views: 411
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad L580 drain battery while off

Hi,

As with many others my thinkpad started to drain the battery while off. I think it came up after i made a bios + other updates that the Lenovo vantage wanted me to do. I noticed the same problem at this thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and/High-Battery-Drain-When-Powered-Off/m-p/4... and it got solved by a bios update. Now i currently run the latest bios i can find for my laptop.

Would be greatful if someone came upp with a solution. I'm not able to use the powercord everywhere and it drives me nuts when i run out off juice while traveling.

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 378
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad L580 drain battery while off

standby uses some power so you need to fully power down to eliminate the battery drain when the machine is not being used for a while

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional
supadupa
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 3 of 4

Sure, i meant the power drains during total shutdown.
vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 363
Message 4 of 4

there is a small deline in battery power over time in power down, this is due to internal resistance of the battery

given it is not infinite, there is a small current flow that ends up discharging any battery chemistry

lithium batteries are not as bad as older metal hydride for that, but they still might be dead over a period of several weeks

if you need them to stay more then remove the battery completely and store them with 50% charge in a cool storage area (0°C) which is best for protecting the battery generally

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors