Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaargh
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Pro dock (40A1, 90W) can't see screens every time I dock L470

Hi,

I'm using a Thinkpad Pro dock with an L470 on Windows 10(both brand new).

I have a VGA monitor and a DVI monitor connected, and I can output to both screens as well as the laptop display just fine, however as soon as I undock, or switch off the laptop, when I come to use it again, neither of the screens are showing as connected. I have to unplug them from the dock and plug them back in again, at which point they are recognised and work fine... until next time I have to undock/switch off.

I have tried this with a different laptop (also L470, but running windows 8.1) with even worse results. On 8.1 the screen will repeatedly flicker for about 10 seconds, and any combination of the screens will work (sometimes just the laptop screen, sometimes just 1 monitor, sometimes all 3). Even when all 3 work, it rarely has the correct resolution, and takes several attempts to get it working properly.

The whole point of having a dock is that there is no need to keep plugging things in every time you sit down, if I have to re-plug the monitors every time it is pretty pointless having a dock in the first place.

I have updated the BIOS on the laptop, updated every driver, updated the firmware for the dock and Windows 10 is bang up to date. I'm about out of ideas now and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a fix for this? I see web searches that this is quite a common issue, but most of the "fixes" are what I have already done, or are specific to Windows 7 or 8.1 (coincidentally, none of the windows 8.1 fixes worked on the 8.1 laptop I was using)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors