Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amatul_rahmaan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,246
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad R52 Recovery and Rescue blue button

i bought ThinkPad R52 Type 1858 - A17 a couple of years back from australia then i had to go to middle east (stil there) and last week, my ram got damaged and my computer wouldn't work, i lost all my work and all my IBM functions that i had including the blue button function

so i need your help in getting these functions back (installing them again) especially that i don't have recovery CD and can't get one now 

i also used to have a folder called IBM tools which had all the files related to all IBM functions. so i will appreciate it if someone can help me in regard of where can i download them from.

Thanks in advance

Guru
Views: 2,227
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad R52 Recovery and Rescue blue button

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, there is no place that you could download all the contents of "IBM Tools" folder, since some of the software is copyrighted and not available for free downloads.

Your best bet is to try and locate a copy of recovery disks for R52, you could probably get away with using recovery for T43 with Intel integrated graphics (model numbers 187x-xxx).

Good luck and let us know. 

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors