Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rapasoft
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 1 of 5

Touchpad not working after firmware update

Hi,

I have installed Lenovo System Update software, which proposed to update the firmware of my Synaptics Touchpad (!not driver). The firmware update however ended up with error (see picture) and now my touchpad is not working (not even recognized as hardware in device manager).

What i have tried so far:

- install whatever Synaptics driver was needed

- run Synreflash.exe tool in the driver folder (this ended up with message stating that I don't have any driver installed)

- powering off the notebook and removing battery for 30 seconds

- running the firmware update tool once again (ending up with the same message as is on the picture)

My notebook model is Lenovo Thinkpad L540.

synaptics-touchpad-firmware-update-failure.PNG

I am really desperate, since I cannot use my notebook without external mouse now Smiley Sad

Solidus_Snake
Paper Tape
Views: 1,270
Message 2 of 5

Re: Touchpad not working after firmware update

Try to reinstall synaptic and then download the newest one from their website and then install it.
rapasoft
Paper Tape
Views: 1,254
Message 3 of 5

@Solidus_Snake: Thank you for your response, but what does it mean reinstall Synaptic? Driver? Firmware? I've tried reinstalling driver several times with various different versions. The problem, however, is not with the driver but with the firmware itself. Driver cannot even recognized the hardware.

rapasoft
Paper Tape
Views: 1,182
Message 4 of 5

This is the firmware that caused it: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds121241 Smiley Sad

rapasoft
Paper Tape
Views: 1,022
Message 5 of 5

Well this is just great, official Lenovo firmware update destroyed my touchpad Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors