Re: Touchpad sensitivity

Thanks for help.....

I think my problem is solved.

Fzzt
Paper Tape
Views: 3,341
Message 22 of 39

Thanks dgettier, that did the trick for my hovering hands on my Yoga!

I typed this and didn't launch a single app...woot!

mike-s
Paper Tape
Views: 3,276
Message 23 of 39

Fantastic, this has been a thorn in my side for the last 8 months and caused me to delete so much text that I could have written a novella with how much was lost in that time.. I had tried adjusting a few things, but this was about the only setting that I hadn't found until now.

THANKYOU again.

dcoker57
What's DOS?
Views: 3,119
Message 24 of 39

I need help, I can't get hardly anything typed for the cursor jumping, nighlighting and deleting things, it just awful! I have a N580 with windows 8. I tried all the suggestions thru this convo, don't have UltraNav etc. Can someone please help me? I'm about ready to lob this computer across the room. LOL

dgettier
What's DOS?
Views: 3,107
Message 25 of 39

Geez, sounds like you have wet fingers. Another thing you might try to add a real USB mouse, and then turn off the touchpad entirely. That's what I did it at work.  This is how it works on my Dell laptop running Window 7. The Lenovo Ultrabook *might* be similiar.  I will might try this @home to see if this works the same tonight:

Disable touchpad  while USB attached:

• Right-click the touchpad-icon on the bottom-right portion of the screen and select “Touchpad Properties”.
  • Select “Device Select” on the upper left of the dialog that appears.
  • Select the checkbox “Hide touchpad/pointing stick while typing”
LeaJohnson
What's DOS?
Views: 2,932
Message 26 of 39

I have a N580 and have tried adjusting several mouse settings to get rid of the unwanted feature on the left and right edges of the touchpad. If I sweep my finger from far left to right, I go to the most recent webpage. And, if I'm on the web and I sweep the touchpad again from far left to right, I go another homepage! It's the same issue from far right to left, but instead of being taken to a webpage, I'm taken to the desktop. Please help! I can't get any work done....

Upon review of this topic thread, I have no UltraNav tab

lenovomanju
What's DOS?
Views: 2,550
Message 27 of 39

Thank you this helped me on my new G510

sbaier
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,222
Message 28 of 39

The touchpad sensitivity has prevented me from typing on the keypad since owning the computer. I assumed it was my "clumsy" fingers, so purchased an external keyboard which is not useful for traveling.  After discovering and reading the forum, I realize this is a keypad sensitivity issue.  But, have tried several of the solutions, and cannot find a way to turn off or alter kaypad.  Downloaded Synatics, but when installed said not Synaptics device. Please offer a solution as i cannot even type an e-mail without using the external. Thanks,

daiviet
Paper Tape
Views: 2,110
Message 29 of 39

I usually use the mouse instead of the touchpad. : Smileysad:

It is a habit so my job creation. But when I reinstalled my laptop touchpad is not used anymore, do I have to install the program lacks anything?
My laptop is L430

Sorry for my english not proficient Smiley Sad

aaoconnell
What's DOS?
Views: 2,080
Message 30 of 39

Mine is and X1 Carbon.I don't know what is the blue thinkvantage button so that I cannot follow the procedure; additionally if I click in between the speaker and the system time I only get any of those two but nothing about touchpad settings. I don't understand why this notebook doesn't come with a touchpad like the one in my only 8 months old T 530 where it is clear where do you have to press to get a left-hand or a right-hand click. Best Arturo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors