cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry_Wild
802.11n
Views: 179
Message 1 of 3

Two questions: Ran out of disk space for backup; New SSD questions for L450!

1. Ran out of this space in my Q:Lenvovo - backup assigned partition.  14GB.  (My C: drive has 80GB free!) 

How can I fix this?  Is there a way to expand the partition without deleting it first?  Does Lenvovo or Microsoft or SSD manufacturer have a tool to do this where you just enter the amount you want to expand a partition to and it will adjust the other partition accordingly?  If not; I cannot delete the Q:Lenovo drive using file explorer or disk cleanup utility.  How do I remove at the original backup?  When I go to disk cleanup it shows blank the files; so it is a hidden file or subdirectory.  I even try signing on as System Administratin but forgot the password I created, it been so long ago and never use it.  LOL!   If I cannot do any of this:  There is an option to do a Windows 10 refresh but can you redirect it to a new SSD from the existing SSD?

2. Looking to get a new SSD but in NVMe configuration.

a. Does my L450 support NVMe boot up? What type of NVMe does my Thinkpad support?  I thinking of getting the Samsung 860 Evo.

b. Is connecting the new NVMe and running transfer SSD software the Windows 10 will recognize the drives and do the transfer?   

Serial Number: ******

Part Number: 20D5503800

Thanks for any help you can give in this matter!

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 148
Message 2 of 3

Re: Two questions: Ran out of disk space for backup; New SSD questions for L450!

As to 2 a and b:  your laptop does not support NVMe drives.  The main bay and the 2242 m.2 slot are SATA.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Highlighted
Harry_Wild
802.11n
Views: 131
Message 3 of 3

Re: Two questions: Ran out of disk space for backup; New SSD questions for L450!

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors