Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schwabi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,859
Message 1 of 8

Use max display resolution of an external Display with NVIDIA Quadro NVS

Hello,

i am using a Belinea 2025 S1 as a second display to enhance the Desktop of my R61 ThinkPad (8918DEG).

Max. resolution of the ThinkPad is 1680 x 1050 and max. resolution of the Belinea is 1400 x 1050.

I tried to configure the system to use both displays with their max. resolution, but for the Belinea only 1280 x 1050 is used.

The NVIDIA control panel allows to configure user-specific resolutions. When setting the user-specific resolution to 1400 x 1050 the test-screen appears and everything seems to be fine, but if i close the test-screen the program crashes. I restarted the program immediatedly and was able to change the resolution for the Belinea to 1400 x 1050.

The problem is: This setting is gone after i reboot the ThinkPad.

Can anyone help?

Note:

The system is up to date; e.g. there is no newer version of the NVIDIA Controlcenter available.

regards, 

Robert

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,850
Message 2 of 8

Re: Use max display resolution of an external Display with NVIDIA Quadro NVS

why don't you just use the windows display property instead.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,847
Message 3 of 8

schwabi, welcome to the forum,

another simple alternative would be to set up a profile in Presentation Director, (default shortcut Fn+F7), this should help you manage it better.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

schwabi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,816
Message 4 of 8

wjli2, andyP

Thank you very much for your answers.

I tried both ways (windows display property AND profile in Presentation Director), but neither way was successful.

a) Windows display property: No option for 1400 x 1050.

b) Presentation Director: This was my first choice, but i couldn't make it work. The results confused me.

Sometimes 1400 x 1050 was offered (and could be successfully tested), but sometimes not. When it was offered, i saved the settings in a new scheme. But after restart the resolution tests always failed and were set back to 1280 x 1050.

This doesn't happen when i use the NVIDIA Control Panel, but there are other problems (as described earlier).

regards,

Robert

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,808
Message 5 of 8

are you using XP or vista???
schwabi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,801
Message 6 of 8

Windows VISTA Business (German)

schwabi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,757
Message 7 of 8

Hello again,

i installed a third party tool and now everything works. I had to start the tool with administrator previleges to save the new settings (the new resolution).

This made me think, that the  windows display property and the Presentation Director may have a problem when running in vista without administrator previleges.

Maybe i should ask Mark_Lenovo for help, since both tools are provided by Lenovo.

regards, 

schwabi

Former Administrator
Views: 1,636
Message 8 of 8

Schwabi,

I'll inquire...

What third party application is managing this properly for you?

We can try to look into this, but without having your particular display it may be difficult to re-create.

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors