Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PMDpinpin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 488
Message 1 of 1

Using System Recovery for an L520 without Thinkvantage Button

Hi!

I want to use the hidden /reserved partition to restore my L520 to original factory setting.  I know the "normal" process would be to use the Thinkvantage blue button, but it is not working.

I did a fresh install with a Win7 Pro Media that I had in the past, and is no longer available to me.  Since I made the fresh install, I was never able to fully use the special functions of the keyboard, or the ThinkVantage options, but since it got me rid of the bloatware that come preinstalled, it was good enough.

Now that I missed the free upgrade to win10, though, I'd like to at least start fresh.  I read that solution 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/How-to-make-the-ThinkVantage-blue-button-work...

But it refers to an inexistant registry key, and doesn't provide full instructions (namely, what application to link the button to.)

Also, most of the solutions are about using the Thinkvantage Toolbox, and that has been replaced with Lenovo Service Bridge, and that only seems to manage the drivers and updates.

All I want to be able to do is to be able to use that button to initiate a factory restore.  If there is any other way to initiate it, that would also do.

Thanks!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors