06-15-2016

ZA

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 1

Validity of Faulty Hard Drive Posting

2016-06-15, 15:05 PM

I saw the following post relating to a batch of faulty hard drives and was wondering whether anyone is able to confirm the validity of this issue: https://m.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/2x9h2f/hgst_500gb_drive_failures/?ref=search_posts

I purchased a Lenovo L530 a few years ago and have had endless problems with the machine. Every 6-8 weeks, it just wont boot up and I have to reinstall the OS. I had taken it in for repairs, indicating that I suspected the hard drive as the root cause of my problem, but the drive was never replaced. Needless to say, the problems have never been resolved, so I was very interested when I came across the aforementioned posting indicating that the problem was due to faulty hard disks installed in a large batch of machines manufactured around 27th April 2013 (the same time as my L530 was manufactured).

If there is any truth to this posting, I really feel I've been taken for a ride, as the HDD should have been replaced whilst still under warranty when I initially took the machine in for repairs.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save