cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xeogin
802.11n
Views: 1,581
Message 1 of 6

Which Driver do I use? Realtek conflict between Windows Update and ThinkVantage System Update

Though they both seem to work fine, but as soon as I update one, the other one wants to replace it.

The Windows Update seems to be the higher up version, but ThinkVantage seems to think otherwise.

Which one should I go with?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Just passed the CompTIA A+ 601 with flying colours! =D
Owner of an SL500 running Vista Business with 4GB of PC2 6400 RAM
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,578
Message 2 of 6

Re: Which Driver do I use? Realtek conflict between Windows Update and ThinkVantage System Update

Hello,

if your system runs satisfactionally now, then I would recommend not to update.

Update only if you have problems.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Xeogin
802.11n
Views: 1,546
Message 3 of 6

Re: Which Driver do I use? Realtek conflict between Windows Update and ThinkVantage System Update

This is a support site, your advise is nice, but you didn't anwser my question.

If anyone has some more advise to give... don't post it. I'm looking for anwsers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,540
Message 4 of 6

Xeogin wrote:

This is a support site, your advise is nice, but you didn't anwser my question.

If anyone has some more advise to give... don't post it. I'm looking for anwsers.

How charming.  I'm sure this will really encourage others to try to help you.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Xeogin
802.11n
Views: 1,502
Message 5 of 6

Sorry for being honest, all I want is a simple anwser, not everyones personal preferences.
Sxooter
Token Ring
Views: 1,491
Message 6 of 6

I think it's likely a personal choice kinda thing.  I always go for the latest and greatest.

And the advice to not run update really depends on your usage scenario.  If you're home running games all the time, no biggie, if you're on the road plugging into public access wifi in cafes, then it's a darn good idea to keep your OS updated.

Or dual boot it so you can run a less easily hacked OS like Ubuntu when on the road and windows for games (that's what I do.)

Top Kudoed Authors