08-22-2009

California

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

WiFi Intermittent on SL500

2009-08-22, 20:26 PM

Wi Fi accessed on my home network cuts out frequently. This has happened ever since I got the computer (SL500) in May. None of my other computers (or my iPod touch) have this problem on this network.  I have the Intel WiFi link 5100.  I'm running the factory installed Windows XP Pro downgrade. Connections automatically reset, but I lose all my connectivity for streaming or otherwise downloading.  This is really annoying.  Any troubleshooting hints would be appreciated

Options

3 Posts

08-22-2009

Slovak Republic

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: WiFi Intermittent on SL500

2009-08-22, 20:39 PM

I'm not sure but i would try to lower in wifi driver properties Roaming Aggressiveness 

(This setting allows you to define how aggressively your wireless client roams to improve connection to an access point.Default: Balanced setting between not roaming and performance.
Lowest: Your wireless client will not roam. Only significant link quality degradation causes it to roam to another access point.Highest: Your wireless client continuously tracks the link quality. If any degradation occurs, it tries to find and roam to a better access point.)

Or try to modify throughput enhancement or some other setting suitable for you. good luck :-)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete