Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeroenstapper
Paper Tape
Views: 717
Message 1 of 3

Yoga L380 nearly overheating with 65W charger connected + wifi issue

Hello, I've had my new yoga L380 for two days and am noticing that when it charges with supplied 65w USB C charger, both the power adapter brick and the laptop get very hot. The adapter itself gets almost too hot to hold in the hand. The laptop (i5) highest temp I have seen while charging was 85C, even though CPU load was only ~30%. Once it stops charging it cools down.
I also had an issue during charging that the wifi connection dropped and I could not re-connnect to any other network, so it appeared that the heat was affecting the wifi module somehow. Troubleshooting gave no possible software issues and other devices were connected to the same wifi network.

Is this normal? What kind of temps should I be expecting?
I would be ok with slower charging if this prevents the issue but if something is wrong with my battery or charger I need to know.
Thanks in advance.

Lenovo Employee joefoxK
Lenovo Employee
Views: 589
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga L380 nearly overheating with 65W charger connected + wifi issue

hi, can we know what application or tool /or behavior  was used to keep CPU loading to 30%? And what tool was used to detect the tempeture when he/she get 85C? if there is any special tool using, can you also provide the link, so we can try this.

Highlighted
ah6
What's DOS?
Views: 232
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga L380 nearly overheating with 65W charger connected + wifi issue

I am also facing a similar issue on my Lenovo Yoga L380, temp raises unbearably hot when using this laptop in AC adapter plugged in the state. I bought this laptop a week ago from Lenovo website. 

Please provide information on how to fix this issue. Is this a driver or BIOS related issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors