Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Topgungsm
Punch Card
Views: 2,480
Message 1 of 8

bluetooth connectivity

I am a novice computer user. I just bought a R61 with bluetooth but when I try to connect any bluetooth device, the computer tells me that it can't find any devices. I do have my bluetooth devices enabled (visible to all) before I try to connect but I can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions?
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,461
Message 2 of 8

Re: bluetooth connectivity

Have you turned Bluetooth on using the Fn+F5 key combination? 

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Topgungsm
Punch Card
Views: 2,446
Message 3 of 8

Yes I have. My computer just doesn't seem to be able to find any bluetooth devices and my bluetooth devices cannot seem to be able to recognize my computer. Any other suggestons? Thanks for your help. I am holding off on buying another computer hoping that I can get this one to work properly.
ranko75
Punch Card
Views: 2,417
Message 4 of 8

I have same problem with my R61i 7650 model. When I start bluetooth icon apear and I can't find any devices, after few minutes (bluetooth is still on) icon just desapear and I can't bring her back. Only solution is to restart a laptop. When bluetooth is on I can't find any devices. Any help or solution? OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Preinstalled. I just bought it recently (few days ago). Thanks. R.
Ranko
--
Lenovo R61i, 7650-A9G, 2GB Ram, DualCore 1.6, 160GB HDD
ranko75
Punch Card
Views: 2,411
Message 5 of 8

I find a solution that solved problem for me. 1.I uninstalled ThinkVantage Access Connections and after that I went to Microsoft site and I downloaded Windows Vista SP1 Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f559842a-9c9b-4579-b64a-09146a0ba746&Displa... 2. I installed update with bluetooth on. 3. After that I started Bluetooth (Fn+F5) and I clicked right mouse button on icon -> Show Bluetooth devices and under the Option Tab, I checked Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer and Show Bluetooth icon in notification area. After that my Bluetooth devices start working with my R61i I hope that this will help. R.
Ranko
--
Lenovo R61i, 7650-A9G, 2GB Ram, DualCore 1.6, 160GB HDD
Topgungsm
Punch Card
Views: 2,345
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, but, like I said, computers are new to me and thats why I bought it with everything pre-installed so I don't have to mess with it. Any easier solutions? Thanks.
anglegal
Paper Tape
Views: 2,324
Message 7 of 8

You can push the thinkvantage button (blue button) and then go to maintenance after that just click on the update my system, maybe this can help you.
Topgungsm
Punch Card
Views: 2,303
Message 8 of 8

Thank you. At this point I will try anything. I have decided to get another laptop also. Any suggestions?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors