Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prayaspatel03
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,992
Message 1 of 6

lenovo thinkpad L412 blue screen when i move my laptop

i am using lenovo thinkpad L412 laptop

my screen gets blue screen when i move my laptop. if i dont move it it just works fine.

i tried to update my stytem for latest driver and software but still problem doesnt go away.

i also run the diagnostic test for hardware but it doesnt show any problem.

jkharryhuy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,969
Message 2 of 6

Re: lenovo thinkpad L412 blue screen when i move my laptop

I'm not sure, I think the Active Protection System should be the cause for your problems.

When you move the computer, the HDD get shocks and Active Protection System stop the drive to protect your HDD. At that time, windows can occurr problems and you will get a bluescreen

You can try to change the setting Shock Detection Sensitivitiy to Low or Disable the Active Protection System

prayaspatel03
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,938
Message 3 of 6

The problem still doesnt go........i disabled the active protection system but still i get blue screen when i move my laptop.

Is it possible that my hard drive may be loose from the connection?

how hard it is to open the hard drive and fit it again to see the problem goes or not?

if any other suggestions i would like to try it first.

jkharryhuy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,892
Message 4 of 6

When you log on to windows and get that problems,  so it may be related to the hardware's drivers.

I think you should turn on the computer and go to bios, try to move your laptop and if you still get that problem, it's time to call the repair service

prayaspatel03
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,878
Message 5 of 6

do you mean that i have to go to the bios screen and then try to move my computer if i get the blue screen then its hardware problem....is that what you trying to say???

Guru
Views: 2,864
Message 6 of 6

You can't have a blue screen in bios, blue screens are a "feature" of Windows OS.

What is the error code mentioned on the blue screen? This could give information about the nature of the problem.

You could also try to boot from a Linux Live cd distribution, such as Ubuntu for example (no need to install it, just boot from it). If the Live cd works well then most probably this is not a hardware problem but drivers related as somebody already suggested.

Please tell us the machine type of your laptop, the operating system used and any hardware changes you have made (added memory, changed hard disk etc). Give as much details as possible!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors