Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayleynich
What's DOS?
Views: 448
Message 1 of 2

moving grey horizontal lines

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad L430 with i5 processor and Intel HD graphics and intermittantly experience thin horizontal (the fill width of the LCD screen) grey lines move about my display. At first I assumed that the LCD screen is faulty as closing and reopening the laptop solved the issue.  Today, however, the lines appeared on my external monitor??? but this time not the full width of the screen (20") only the width of the laptop screen? Again, closing and re-opening the laptop resolved the issue. I have the laptop docked and the display extended onto an external monitor. I have also had the issue using the laptop undocked.  Do we think this could be a graphics card issue? Have you heard of this before?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 425
Message 2 of 2

Re: moving grey horizontal lines

Most of those had integrated graphics. I have never seen one, but I understand dscrete graphics is an option. If you have discrete graphics, it could be a video memory problem, which would require motherboard replacement. If you have integrated graphics, I would run some sort of free memory testing software, like memtest86. In either case, the problem could be the driver. Make sure it is up to date. Check your graphics type here:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/default.page?#

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors