cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webwizard
What's DOS?
Views: 1,588
Message 1 of 2

need a mother board for my ibm lenovo sl400 What kind can I get for a cheap price?...

hello all. I need a new motherboard for my lenovo sl400. Some questions I have are: Can I find a cheap mother board like 50 to 100 bucks on say newegg.com or tigerdirect.com? Or do I have to buy a motherboard specifically for this model....

I don't want to spend too much...My budget isn't huge.

Will any microform motherboard fit or does it need to be specific to Ibm lenovo sl400?...

Can you point me to a link or links to low cost motherboards for this brand or that will work with this brand?

thank you in advance for your help?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,587
Message 2 of 2

Re: need a mother board for my ibm lenovo sl400 What kind can I get for a cheap price?...

These motherboards are not available on the market as new. They are specifically built for the SL400 and no other motherboards are intercompatible with it like desktop pc motherboards.

a second hand motherboard would generally cost you 300 dollars if you are lucky. 

So what happened to your Sl400 and why do you need a new motherboard?

If you didn't damage the laptop by yourself, there is the option for post warranty warranty, where you can get your laptop fixed. It would be cheaper than you sourcing your own motherboard and replacing it.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Top Kudoed Authors