Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: L, R and SL series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

56 Posts

12-12-2008

Croatia

47 Signins

328 Page Views

• Views: 328
  • Message 1 of 2

power management settings shutdown Wake on LAN

2009-02-12, 10:57 AM

Hi!

I have trouble finding all the places where power management settings for the network card can be modifyed (Windows, BIOS, Lenovo software...). In device manager my settings to allow Wake on LAN (Power management tab of the NIC) are overridden after every reboot, making Wake on LAN unusable (The checkbox 'Allow this device to wake up the computer' get automatically unchecked). In BIOS and Power manager everything is set to allow Wake on LAN, at least I think so, but there is obviously something I'm missing, so I'm asking for you help to find what. I've googled a lot, but with no results :-(. I have the same problem on SL500 and R61 running WinXP.

Options

56 Posts

12-12-2008

Croatia

47 Signins

328 Page Views

• Views: 328
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: power management settings shutdown Wake on LAN

2009-03-20, 10:36 AM
After the last Access Connections update the checkbox does not uncheck itself anymore. However WOL works only a few minutes after shutdown, after that I cannot wake the PC anymore using WOL. It is as if the PC turns off the NIC completely after some time being turned off.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms