02-16-2010 10:52 AM
I would appreciate any assistance in solving why I cannot get sound/audio after installing Win7 on this Z60t.
After a clean install of Win 7 on to an upgraded hard disk, I have downloaded and installed all the drivers/software from the Lenovo web site that was listed for win 7 but cannot get sound to work.
Messages displayed say no speakers installed. But the speaker buttons in the keypad do give the visual bars when raising /lowering sound or turning off sound.
Is this a defect with Lenovo not supporting win7?
Thanks for any help
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-23-2010 12:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Are there any yellow thingies in the device manager? have you tried Windows Update? When I installed Win 7 the update took care of audio driver.
Hope it helps.
Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
IdeaPad: U350Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
04-10-2010 08:36 AM
I had the exact same problem and fixed it and got my sound buttons back (notthe display portion though)
1) Download the XP SP3 Driver install file
77a224ww.exe from this site
2) Execute the program- it will run and upack all of the device drivers and install file
3) Click on <my computre> and run < device Manager>
4) Click on Sound and video Controllers
5) Execute the update device driver and use the choice that allows you to specify where to look and Point it to the /drivers/win/audio /smaxwdm/w2kxp dir where the soundmax drivers are found and load it
Worked just fine !
08-21-2011 04:05 AM - edited 08-21-2011 04:06 AM
Jack, YOU ROCK! I haven't had sound for a YEAR since installing Windows 7, have tried all the other things I could think of (i.e. uninstalling and re-installing device, Windows update, etc.), and this morning I thought, "Hey, I'll search Google for 'z60t Windows 7 audio' and see what comes up". Took me 5 minutes, and I HAVE SOUND AGAIN!!! THANK YOU!