Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

10-10-2008

Orlando, Florida

107 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 1 of 3

Access Connections Update

2009-01-17, 14:28 PM

I used the System Update program in the Thinkvantage programs to update the computer.  It installed the update to the Access Connections program.  Now Access Connections does not work.

I get an error when trying to run:

The procedure entry point ?AcSvcWmaxRestoreFactoryDefaultSettings@@YAHPAG@Z coult not be located in the dynamic link library AcSvcStub.dll.

Is there a way to roll back the update or reinstall the Access Connections software?

Options

36 Posts

10-10-2008

Orlando, Florida

107 Signins

497 Page Views

• Views: 497
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Access Connections Update

2009-01-17, 19:45 PM

There is another message during boot up that says:

The procedure entry point CheckWMAXConnForWLANradioOn could not be located in the dynamic link library ACGUIHlpr.dll.

Not sure what that means...

Options

59 Posts

10-18-2008

Dubai, UAE

58 Signins

724 Page Views

• Views: 724
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Access Connections Update

2009-01-20, 1:48 AM

I have no idea what those messages mean, and I'm not sure my reply will help either as I'm no expert. Same thing happened to me yesterday when I updated power manager through system update. Power manager would fail to start on start up and I couldnt get it to run either. I found similar instructions on some other post about faulty system updates.

From system update - history, saw what version it installed (the faulty one) then went to the lenovo support site, entered my machine number, downloaded the power manager version before the faulty one. Uninstalled power manager through control panel, restart the machine, install the new downloaded files and hope for the best....

Power manager isn't the same as it was before the update, however atleast it works and I think I've got all of its functionality.

Good luck and I hope it works for you too, or that someone else helps you out...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms