10-02-2018

CA

7 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 2

Any Stylus or Active Pen for ThinkPad P52s

2018-10-06, 21:58 PM

I bought a ThinkPad P52s (20LB001BUS) 2 months ago and a few weeks ago decided to get a pen to do some simple work on my laptop...

Lenovo sales person first suggested I can use Active Pen 2 with my laptop and I bought it from Lenovo Website. Eventhough it did connected to my laptop, didn't work at all. Lenovo technical support connected to my laptop and tried to figured it out but no hope so I returned it. 

I contacted Lenovo customer service again and asked if there is another pen that is truly compatible with my machine and he suggested ThinkPad Pen Pro. Of course this one also failed to do the job with my machine. 

Long story short, after a few long conversations with Lenovo sales people (including technical support), I understand Lenovo team cannot tell me whether this machine is compatible with a pen (either Lenovo or any other brand) or not. That must be a very not-funny joke and reality... 

So I am hoping to hear someone's experience with P52s touchscreen and a pen (active or stylus whichever). It doesn't have to be Lenovo as long as it works with P52s. 

Cheers

G

Solved! See the solution
Options

282 Posts

08-02-2018

US

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Any Stylus or Active Pen for ThinkPad P52s

2018-10-07, 8:10 AM

Hi Gercek,

Welcome to the community forums.

We checked further and can see that the ThinkPad P52s (20LB001BUS) has a 10-point Multi-touch display capability. However, if the system does not come with a pen at the time of purchase (indicating the system includes the all-important digitizer), a pen will not work afterwards because the digitizer component is missing from the system’s display. You may check the full specifications here:http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_P52s?MT=20LB

To know more about our pens, you may check here:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500011

Here is the link for the Notebook Pens compatibility guide:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100180

Let us know if you need anything else.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete