Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

03-22-2013

Ireland

13 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 1 of 16

As the name suggests W530-HELL with even worse Customer services

2013-03-22, 14:43 PM

In October I purchased a hi Spec custom built Lenovo W530 value £3200 GBP

It was DOA  (Dead on Arrival) - 1st issue was dead speakers at first... Then after 2 months of being fobbed off and moved around, I eventually was asked to return the faulty device to the IBM service centre in Dublin, Ireland.  When the service centre replaced the speakers they discovered the mother + CPU board were also dead.  So 3 months later it eventually got classified as a DOA laptop.. Beware their T&C's stated a DOA needs to be reported within 15 days. It took 2 months alone to get the device accepted by an authorized service centre. 

Now its 6 months later and I've being mucked around between UK, then India, then Ireland, then Slovakia (where complaints mangers exist) but can't be contacted and then just last week XXX in Germany. 

I dread to think what this has cost Lenovo as these layers of inefficiencies must be costing them millions in lost revenue not to mention lost customers. 

I have being a loyal Lenovo supporter for 20 years but on this occasion.. I have being so badly missed about that I really need the top management at Lenovo to actually see all the evidence of recklessness and carelessness that I have accumulated. 

I am without a replacement laptop now. The experience with XXX has being the worst. I have being dealing with a Katharina who must be the most unhelpful individual I have even encountered in my life. This person has told me I have 2 options. Both of which were preposterous suggestion... 

#1 was to repair the DOA machine ( laughable as she clearly doesn't understand what a DOA machine is) 

#2 a refund because my machine is no longer available... I then went on to the Lenovo website and found I could build my machine no problem...  So I asked XXX to arrange a full refund... Go figure.. I haven't heard back since. 

Has anybody had any experiences with this MKCL place? They are really woeful and should NOT be representing Lenovo. I am taking this to the top management. 

Thank You

ADMIN EDIT: Removed personal information - Miguel

Options

2483 Posts

04-08-2011

United States of America

5471 Signins

46460 Page Views

• Views: 46460
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: As the name suggests W530-HELL with even worse Customer services

2013-03-22, 15:25 PM

Why didn't you return the DOA machine on the first day for a refund?

Options

554 Posts

06-30-2011

Gibraltar

1350 Signins

3952 Page Views

• Views: 3952
  • Message 3 of 16

2013-03-22, 23:47 PM
I feel for you. I've had similar bad experience being passed around countries, companies and departments, and in the end gave up and lived with the defects. Thats with the £300 NBD warranty, which took Lenovo 3 months to even recognised even though it was purchased online as part of the same order (their web sales are on Mars, their support is on Venus). Never had this kind of issue with Dell - always fixed withing 48 hours, no matter what country I was in, no matter what the problem.
Options

10 Posts

03-22-2013

Ireland

13 Signins

144 Page Views

• Message 4 of 16

2013-03-27, 10:26 AM

Thorshammer, I wish I could... Sadly, your suggestion would have made no difference. The sellers pass it back to Lenoovo, then the circus begins.. Then evenutually Lenovo third part representatives get you to send it to a service centre.. which I did to IBM Dublin - then the service centre are told try to fix the DOA machine, then they eventually advise you a month later they cant repair a DOA machine... then the DOA status is denied because just like you suggested the machine must be declared DOA within the 1st 14 days.. Its truly a circus.. I've since had to deal with India, then the complaints division in Slovakia... and then passed to the woeful MKCL horror "so called" refund providers based in Germany and wait for it.. You won't belive your eyes.. I am now fobbed off back to Hemini UK where I first purchased the W530 machine .....and no fault of their....they have no idea how all this works and have absolutely no clue how long more this entire saga will take to get resolved - they arent even contacted by anyone to say they must refund the customer for machine and guess where Hemini UK told me to go? back to the farce that is MKCL ... I'll post all communications and screenshots and audio files in relation to this farce at the end.

Options

10 Posts

03-22-2013

Ireland

13 Signins

144 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2013-03-27, 10:36 AM

Thank you Token Ring.. I will publish all screen grabs, audio, email and text communications once I hopefully get the CEO to witness the disgraceful levels of incompetences displayed by the third party Lenovo service providers. Even though all I want is a perfrctly functioning W530 custom build machine. They wont offer to even rebuild a W530 for me.. instead offer a ficticious refund whic even the origional sellers are unaware of. I intend to notify all the management. I am certain they have no idea how much business they are losing as a result of these inept faceless MKCL people especially. Watch this space and I will let you know how management responded. 

You can write to the CEO in China and senior vice president in the USA. I am sure they would love to be made aware

http://www.lenovo.com/lenovo/us/en/management.html 

Options

2483 Posts

04-08-2011

United States of America

5471 Signins

46460 Page Views

• Views: 46460
  • Message 6 of 16

2013-03-27, 15:23 PM

It does sound lke a circus.  I would not buy a machine if there wasn't a clear return method for this type of thing.  It is not like that here in the USA.

Options

10 Posts

03-22-2013

Ireland

13 Signins

144 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2013-03-27, 17:10 PM

Another day gone by. MKCL in their typical ignorant ways..they ignore mine and Hemini UK credit note and refund concerns.. they dont care about Lenovo customers.. they simply want to Milk Lenovo for whatever profit they can!  

Options

132 Posts

07-03-2012

Bucharest, Romania

954 Signins

7652 Page Views

• Views: 7652
  • Message 8 of 16

2013-03-28, 8:14 AM

I do feel for you, this is outrageous. Anyway, being a DOA I think the seller shouldn't pass it back to Lenovo in the first place, but replace your machine (or return your money). At least that's the procedure here.

Options

334 Posts

03-30-2011

Canada

1640 Signins

9325 Page Views

• Views: 9325
  • Message 9 of 16

2013-03-31, 20:48 PM
This all sounds pretty confusing.

When you first got the laptop only the speakers were broken, or the speakers+motherboard+CPU were all broken? Or the speakers were originally broken then the motherboard+CPU broke while the laptop was in for repair?

Did you buy this direct from Lenovo or from someone else?
Options

10 Posts

03-22-2013

Ireland

13 Signins

144 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2013-04-02, 10:31 AM

Hi Bisnatch

I agree it is such a circus that the only result can only be confusion. When I first received the laptop.. it had faulty speakers ( at least that is what I thought)  when...    eventually I got clearance from India to return it to the IBM service centre in Dublin...5 more weeks passed and the IBM repair staff in Dublin confirmed that the machine died after they replaced the speakers. 

As mentioned.. the case then got fobbed off between 4 divisions (Origional Seller's, IBM Repairs, Lenovo Customer Services (laughable) and finally the real horror show MKCL who are responsible for refunds) and all these based in 6 different countries. UK, Ireland, India, Slovakia, China and Germany.  As of now 4 months on. I have zilch and what is most alarming the 3rd party representatives based in Slovakia and germany have no desire whatsoever to help or assist customers in any way... all they do is send you a one liner email promising a refund... I never sought a refund all I wanted and still want is a W530 custom built machine... the inept MKCL people whom I've tracked down on another thread... http://www.mkcl.de/  these arrogant people just like to offer refunds on Lenovo's behalf, instead of minding and looking after long term loyal customers just like you and me.  They simply havent a clue. but they clearly just want to milk Lenovo of fees and consultant charges.

I'll publish all audio, text correspondences and proof of all pathetic comminications when this finally gets to higher managements attention.  Thank You. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms